[geotk] what about pending modules?

johann sorel johann.sorel at geomatys.fr
Wed Sep 8 18:44:08 EDT 2010

  Hello,

The modules in pending have various quality levels.
Modules will be promoted in geotoolkit when they will have :
- complete javadoc
- complete tests
- code review from martin

All modules in pending can be used, they all work but the api may change
with time, we do not keep for a very long time deprecated methods in
pending.
The reason behind this choice is all the related sub-projects :
puzzle-gis, constellation,
mapfaces, mdweb. All the "neutral" code is merged in pending : parsers,
utilities, bindings,
widgets... As a result sub projects are getting smaller and have greater
interoperability.
puzzle-gis is a good exemple, it has only ~25.000 code lines and focuses
only on the platform
integration part.
Merging all thoses different needs takes time, and geotoolkit is still
young.

In any case I think you can use pending, no big api changes happened in
the last months,
we can say it's stable.

johann