[geotk] WPS client example

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Tue Feb 4 05:55:27 PST 2014

Hello Emmanuel

I'm not familiar with WPS myself, so I asked Quentin to teach me a
little bit about this issue. There is my understanding:

The WPS output format is apparently not restricted by the WPS standard.
It could be GML, a Feature, a Coverage, a sensor observation or any
objects defined by an other standard. So it seems difficult to said if
we implement fully WPS, because the spectrum seems endless.

The output XML schema is inferred from the MIME type. For this reason,
"application/xml" is hard to use because it does not give indication
about that schema. Indeed, "application/xml" does not appear in the list
of MIME types recommended by WPS. Geotk nevertheless tries to guess the
schema when facing some MIME types. But this guess is limited to a set
of pre-defined schemas known to Geotk.

We could add "application/xml" to the list of MIME types for which Geotk
tries to guess the schema, but we are not sure that it would be
sufficient. Alternatively if you have some control on the WPS server,
you may try to change the MIME type to one of the types listed in
https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=47860 and add a
schema declaration. Next, whether Geotk will be able to parse the output
or not depends on the schema used. If this is GML, there is chances that
Geotk can parse it.

     Martin