[geotk] migration to java 11

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.com
Tue Mar 2 13:26:15 PST 2021

Hello Juergen

Le 01/03/2021 à 12:48, juergen sorg a écrit :

> thanks for your reply
>
> yes, we also use the Geotk CSW module.
>
> it would be nice if you could provide us with more details on this
> migration procedure

If you were using only the metadata part, I would have suggested to use
the formal Apache SIS 1.0 release. But for the CSW part, we are in an
uncomfortable situation where we have snapshots deployed every night,
but no formal release. This is because we are focusing all our
deployment effort on Apache SIS, and Geotk (which still contain CSW)
became a temporary place for modules not yet migrated to SIS. If you
don't mind, I suggest to try snapshot for starting. If it works, we can
try to create a milestone, but it would not be a formal release.

         <dependency>
             <groupId>org.geotoolkit</groupId>
             <artifactId>geotk-client-csw</artifactId>
             <version>5.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
         </dependency>

For the metadata part, it should be sufficient to replace the following
package names:

    org.geotoolkit.metadata

by:

    org.apache.sis.metadata

Same for org.geotoolkit.referencing, which is replaced by
org.apache.sis.referencing. Most classes in those packages are about the
same.

For the CSW, I have been told that this module got a lot of changes (it
is maintained by another developer). I suggest that you report the
compiler errors, so we can tell the replacements.

Sorry for the inconvenience,