using a mask for sites

Joe Vaughan jkv at dust.atmo.arizona.edu
Tue Jun 16 15:39:28 EDT 1992

Hello,
I would like to develop a mask and apply it to a set of points to get a
subset of points falling within  a certain polygon.

What operation(s) would get me the sites within a mask?

What is necesary to set up a mask and use it without running r.mask,
which is set up to run interactively?

Any help on these problems would be very much appreciated!

Thank You!

Joe V.

               Joseph K. Vaughan University of Arizona
               Institute of Atmospheric Physics
               PAS Bldg, Rm 470
               Tucson, AZ    85721

I can also be reached by return mail on the internet or as
jkv at air.atmo.arizona.edu and by phone at 602/621-9663.