import of data from Global Ecosystems Database-- vector files!

Joe Vaughan jkv at dust.atmo.arizona.edu
Fri Mar 27 12:09:46 EST 1992

Hello,
I am working with the Global Ecosystems Database and have moved some of
the raster data into GRASS files.  However, I do not yet see how to
convert the  'Micro World Data Bank II' vector files into GRASS vector
files.   My main problem is that I don't see where to 'tell' GRASS that
this vector data will be in lat/lon minutes.  Has anyone gone this route?
Reply or contact me directly, please.

               Joseph K. Vaughan
               University of Arizona
               Institute of Atmospheric Physics
               PAS Bldg, Rm 470
               Tucson, AZ    85721

I can also be reached by return mail on the internet or as
jkv at air.atmo.arizona.edu and by phone at 602/621-9663.