Concurrent displays

Conn Copas C.V.Copas at loughborough.ac.uk
Fri May 8 17:15:36 EDT 1992

We ran our first multi-user session recently and were surprised to find that
users could stop each others' monitors. Thus, could someone confirm me (pref by
mail) that GRASS supports a limit of 7 active monitors, period, and that it is
not due to problems with our installation (under HP UNIX 8.0) ?

Presuming so, I could use a feel for the magnitude of programming some changes.
Eg, some logic to prevent persons stopping monitors which have been opened by
others. Conversely, the ability to distribute monitor contents to others,
provided certain conditions are satisfied. Lastly, monitor quotas applied to
user mapsets rather than globally, ie, 7 monitors per user, regardless of
concurrent use. Am I being naively optimistic ?

--
Loughborough University of Technology          tel : (0509)263171  ext 4164
Computer-Human Interaction Research Centre     fax : (0509)610815
Leicestershire  LE11 3TU           e-mail - (Janet):C.V.Copas at uk.ac.lut
G Britain                 (Internet):C.V.Copas%lut.ac.uk at nsfnet-relay.ac.uk