installing problem on SUN-sparc2

Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Thu Oct 8 22:13:20 EDT 1992

[replies directed to grassp-list]

> % man dlsym
>
> DLOPEN(3X)       MISCELLANEOUS LIBRARY FUNCTIONS       DLOPEN(3X)
>

> NAME
>      dlopen, dlsym, dlerror, dlclose - simple programmatic inter-
*>      face to the dynamic linker             (problemmattic?)

>      These functions are obtained by specifying -ldl as an option
>      to ld(1).

Peter,

I've noticed this with compilation of other software and have never seen
this problem before Sun OS 4.1.1, but the work around is to edit the
Gmakefile in the directory where it bombed and add the -ldl in the
appropriate spot.  If you find this problem with other directories,
then you may want to edit src/CMD/head/*

Can someone check the bug list for Sun OS 4.1.1 and see if this is
on there?

--Darrell