installing problem on SUN-sparc2

Joachim Wiesel wiesel at ipf.bau-verm.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Oct 9 10:51:31 EDT 1992

According to Darrell McCauley:

> [replies directed to grassp-list]
>
> > % man dlsym
> >
> > DLOPEN(3X)       MISCELLANEOUS LIBRARY FUNCTIONS       DLOPEN(3X)
> >

> > NAME
> >      dlopen, dlsym, dlerror, dlclose - simple programmatic inter-
> *>      face to the dynamic linker             (problemmattic?)
> >
> >      These functions are obtained by specifying -ldl as an option
> >      to ld(1).
>

> Peter,
>
> I've noticed this with compilation of other software and have never seen
> this problem before Sun OS 4.1.1, but the work around is to edit the
> Gmakefile in the directory where it bombed and add the -ldl in the
> appropriate spot.  If you find this problem with other directories,
> then you may want to edit src/CMD/head/*
>
> Can someone check the bug list for Sun OS 4.1.1 and see if this is
> on there?

...stuff deleted ...

As far as I can tell you ... this is a 'ld' bug introduced at Sunos 4.1.2.
There should be a bug fix for that from SUN (or use the 4.1.1 ld ...).

Joachim

--

Joachim Wiesel, Institut fuer Photogrammetrie und Fernerkundung,
Universitaet  Karlsruhe, Englerstr. 7, D-7500 Karlsruhe, Germany
Internet: wiesel at ipf.bau-verm.uni-karlsruhe.de