installing problem on SUN-sparc2

Michael Shapiro shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Fri Oct 9 11:10:21 EDT 1992

If this is a bug in 4.1.2 (it isn't in 4.1.1) then add -ldl to the LDFLAGS
in the gmake header (created when you ran setup for GRASS).

|According to Darrell McCauley:
|>

|> [replies directed to grassp-list]
|>
|> > % man dlsym
|> >
|> > DLOPEN(3X)       MISCELLANEOUS LIBRARY FUNCTIONS       DLOPEN(3X)
|> >

|> > NAME
|> >      dlopen, dlsym, dlerror, dlclose - simple programmatic inter-
|> *>      face to the dynamic linker             (problemmattic?)
|> >
|> >      These functions are obtained by specifying -ldl as an option
|> >      to ld(1).
|>

|> Peter,
|>
|> I've noticed this with compilation of other software and have never seen
|> this problem before Sun OS 4.1.1, but the work around is to edit the
|> Gmakefile in the directory where it bombed and add the -ldl in the
|> appropriate spot.  If you find this problem with other directories,
|> then you may want to edit src/CMD/head/*
|>
|> Can someone check the bug list for Sun OS 4.1.1 and see if this is
|> on there?
|
|...stuff deleted ...
|
|As far as I can tell you ... this is a 'ld' bug introduced at Sunos 4.1.2.
|There should be a bug fix for that from SUN (or use the 4.1.1 ld ...).
|
|Joachim

|--

|Joachim Wiesel, Institut fuer Photogrammetrie und Fernerkundung,
|Universitaet  Karlsruhe, Englerstr. 7, D-7500 Karlsruhe, Germany
|Phone: +49 721 608 2316                      Fax: +49 721 694 568
|Internet: wiesel at ipf.bau-verm.uni-karlsruhe.de

Michael Shapiro                        U.S. Army CERL
email:   shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil  Environmental Division
phone:   (217) 373-7277                P.O. Box 9005
fax:     (217) 373-7222                Champaign, Ill. 61826-9005