Grass 4.0/4.1 interactive programmer's manual

Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Wed Jun 30 14:07:13 EDT 1993

Raymond Venneker (venn at geo.vu.nl) writes on 30 Jun 93:
>mccauley at ecn.purdue.eduwrites on Wed Jun 30 17:14:58 1993
>> (btw, does anyone else think that "g.manual" a little long for a
>> command name? :-)

>g.remove, g.copy, etc.? It would really be great if the horrible
>``option=name1,name2'' command line arguments would replaced for
>unix syntax.

perhaps, but the standardized interface, IMO, has been one of
the greatest improvements I've seen w.r.t. GRASS design.
Perhaps it may still need a little improvement, but I can
deal with it. (The primary goal was consistency *within* GRASS).

Maybe the author of parser can provide justification/insight.

--Darrell