Quadtree routines

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Tue Feb 21 21:14:18 EST 1995

Sahed Abdelmalek (malek at engr.mun.ca) writes on 21 February 1995:
>  Recently I posted a note in comp.info.gis news group requesting some
> previously performed work in pictorial information storage and retrieval.
> I received a bunch of answers. One of them, has directed me to
> navigate in the grass/incoming directory to pick up some already written
> C code on the quadtrees. However, no such a file was in that
> sub-directory, or possibly I got the wrong name for that sub-directory.
> Could you please help me in getting some C stuff on Quadtrees techniques?
> I would really appreciate any piece of information on the subject.

this code is included in the "interp" library. I believe that
the filename used to be "interp_lib_new.shar.Z" but checking
ftp://moon/grass/ls-lR.Z (recently generated), it appears to
be gone. Hopefully this can be corrected shortly and someone
will get back with Sahed.

Has anyone on grassp used these functions (other than authors)? They
are (sparsely) documented but I haven't been able to figure out the
routines from these doc files (which give only prototypes with a few
comments).  Has any more documentation been generated (with simple
examples, maybe some pictures, etc)?

--Darrell