[GRASS5] GRASS5 CVS on Red Hat 7.0

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Fri Dec 15 09:09:33 EST 2000

Hi Markus,

Markus Neteler wrote:
> > One weird thing is that i have no static tcl/tk libraries around, only
> > some stub lib. So configure does not recognize, but nviz compiles and
> > works. Tcltkgrass too. See attached text.
> Currently configure searches for shared tcl/tk libraries only. Maybe
> Eric will add search for .a libs as well (as required on some machines).

I think that configure searches for the _static_ libraries only (by
testing to compile a small program with -ltk -ltcl). I have a set of
shared (*.so) libraries, but the static libraries (libtcl.a, libtk.a)
are IMHO replaced by a setup with a static stub library.
Eric will know how to tackle this, this was discussed on grasslist too
(which i overlooked).

>From config.log i see that this must be another problem:
configure:3469: checking for Tk_MainWindow in -ltk8.3
configure:3488: gcc -o conftest -g -O2     -L/usr/X11R6/lib -Xt -ltcl8.3
conftest.c -ltk8.3   1>&5
gcc: unrecognized option `-Xt'
                          ^^^ should read -lXt !

OK, this is not the problem too.

with ./configure --with-tcltk-includes=/usr/include
--with-tcltk-libs=/usr/lib it works.

But the libraries in /usr/lib should be found by default. Sorry, i don't
know whats wrong here.

> > The mesa setup worked without any manual installation/recompiling. There
> > is even a rpm for the SGI Widgets, that have been missing/not compiled
> > by default with mesa.
> >
> > But r3.showdspf does not work. It displays only some coloured stripes. I
> > have no time to investigate this, but it could be a problem that i have
> > installed Mesa, some IRIS GL compatibility lib, OpenMotif, LessTiff, the
> > SGI Widgets and some other OpenGL stuff, which could interfere.
> Currently I am working with 3D stuff. I'll try r3.showdspf again.
> For those being interested: A sample 3D dataset is available.
> See the sample data page for it.

Please don't waste time on this. I suspect this a problem with my setup
as i described above. I have a perfectly working r3.showdsp on IRIX. So
this is not a problem with the code in CVS, but with my setup on linux.

> > ncurses.h error
> What does this mean?
This was the -I/../ncurses.h error in one of the Gmakefiles that is
fixed now.

cu,

Andreas

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net