[GRASS5] Compile Grass 5 on Win 32

John Huddleston jhuddleston at itc.nrcs.usda.gov
Tue Jun 6 09:13:11 EDT 2000

I upgraded from B20.1 to the new cygwin1.1.1 in order
to use the rsh for cvs access to the repository.  So, your
system is different.  The original zip file that I gave to
Markus was B20 but all recent builds use Cygnus1.1.1
Unless you upgrade, I cannot help you.

The memory leak may be because you have older b20.1
1998 tools with the latest cygwin1.dll.  I would stick
with Mumit's cygwin1.dll from his gcc distribution if
you are using B20.1

Get the rpc library and include files off Corinna's
site for the Xdr.
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Vinschen_Cori
nna/B20/

See http://cygutils.netpedia.net/V1.1/ for ipc.

Yes, I use ansi TERM, too.

John Huddleston