[GRASS5] Poll to remove src.related stuff

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Tue May 30 13:48:47 EDT 2000

Dear developers,

as we are currently starting to clean the code: Shall
we keep the src.related section?

src.related > more README
Programs in this directory are NOT GRASS commands, but are public domain
capabilities that may be useful to those advanced GRASS sites.

gctp/
  General Cartographic Transformation Package.  Product of USGS.
  (MIT modified for State Plane in north-west hemisphere projections.)

-> Limited to 0) Lat. Long.    1) UTM    2) State Plane

rim/
  Product of UW, Seattle and Central Washington University
  Relational Information Management system.  Freely distributable
  dbms married to GRASS through the programs v.db.rim and s.db.rim.
-> who is using it?
-> Sidenote: Perhaps s.db.rim could become s.db.reclass (hi Radim!)

xgen/
  Product of CERL, Purdue, and MIT.  Provides shell script writers
  with the ability to generate graphical user interfaces via X-windows.
  Requires X and Motif to compile.
-> no need as XGRASS is deleted as well from standard trunk

Altogether around 5.3MB source code.

Please tell me, if I can remove it (it keeps available using the
beta7 tag).

Markus

--
Dipl.-Geogr. Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology