[GRASS5] closing monitors by click

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Tue Nov 28 11:01:47 EST 2000

Hi all,

an annoying problem is that you cannot close GRASS monitors
by mouse click. As being teaching GRASS in seminars, first
action of students is usually to kill a monitor with a click
(close of window) which runs the monitor management into troubles.

Helena told me that in past this procedure of closing was
*possible* without confusing GRASS. I wish we could (re-)implement
this.

Maybe the lock file could be ignored if the x0, x1,.. process
is killed (by user request).

But it's really a pain to teach others not to kill a monitor
but to use d.mon instead (or tcltkgrass).

Probably someone has an idea for more monitor convenience?
These monitor troubles are one reason that many people dislike
GRASS.

Thanks in advance

 Markus