[GRASS5] Re; [GRASS] Re: [GRASSLIST:1116] compiling postgres modules (fwd)

John Huddleston jhudd at lamar.colostate.edu
Tue Nov 28 10:05:02 EST 2000

Moritz and Justin, (Grass list)

Yes, there is a very quick way to see if you have a TAG'd version
checked out.  Look into the CVS subdirectory and the Entries file.
After the very last forward slash, there will be no value if it is the
current or HEAD value.  If it is checked out with a TAG or release
number (which is the same thing as a tag) then you will see /T...
where ... is the tag name.

For instance, for a 'thatfile' which has more than one revision, do the following:

grep thatfile CVS/Entries
cvs update -r1.1 thatfile
grep thatfile CVS/Entries
cvs update -A thatfile
grep thatfile CVS/Entries

You will be able to see the difference.   The jCVS and the WinCVS
show the TAG in the window if it exists.   Hope that helps.

Regarding the message, cannot open CVS/Entres, you may have
checked out grass using the full command:

cvs -d :ext:user at intevation.de:/grassrepository co grass

In which case, no top level file would have been created.  In this
case change in the grass directory and do the update

cd grass
cvs update -PdA  .

John Huddleston