[GRASS5] New initialization code

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Tue Nov 28 08:19:55 EST 2000

Hi Justin,

i can not test this right now.
But i think that the grass5 -text will work. But it will further confuse
users if they just issue grass5 and they get windows with no useful
information popping up.
We must change all the documentation, so that i think that it will be
simpler to keep the default as it is. In my eyes grass5 -tclwhatever for
the new and grass5 (=grass5 -text) for the old behaviour will be simpler
to recognize/learn.

On my linux installation i get the same error message that Eric
describes. See attached error.txt.
Sorry, i am in a hurry now.

cu,

Andreas

Justin Hickey wrote:
> I assume that the behaviour is the same as before if you use "grass5
> -text"? If not, then could you please indicate what the new behaviour
> is? I didn't change how tcltkgrass works from the command line so it
> should be the same if you start with the old text interface.

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net