[GRASS5] configure.in Wants testers...

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Tue Nov 28 08:37:19 EST 2000

On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 01:15:39AM -0800, Eric G . Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 03:46:15PM +0700, Justin Hickey wrote:
> > Would looking at a configure.in from another project be any use? It
> > seems that a lot of projects have /usr/local/bin as the default bindir.
> > What is the preset value? You may have already thought of this, it's
> > just an idea.
>
> Well, the problem really seems to be with the way configure handles
> $bindir.  It is always set to something (at least here).  Also, my
> autoconf choked on the AC_BINDIR_DEFAULT() macro (claiming no such thing
> exists).  $bindir is always apparently set to ${exec_prefix}/bin, and
> ${exec_prefix} is always set to ${prefix} (these are defaults).  So I
> can't figure out how to have the --bindir command work, but use the
> /usr/local/bin as a default.  Piece of cake if I ignore --bindir and go
> back to using --with-bindir (as it was set-up before).

>From my side: Why not? No objections.

> As far as the headers and libraries, does it work with the
> --with-tcltk-includes=[DIRs] --with-tcltk-libs=[DIRS] ?

I tried:
configure --with-tcltk-includes=/opt --with-tcltk-libs=/opt

checking for /usr/include/tk.h... yes
checking for /usr/include/tcl.h... yes
checking additional TCL and TK library dirs...  -L/opt
checking for Tk_MainWindow in -ltk8.3... yes
It's looking o.k. as the additional check is active.

> Sorry I'm not better at this configure stuff.  I'm a lousy shell
> programmer to begin with ;)
But you manage to get this complex thing working :-)

Markus