[GRASS5] configure.in Wants testers...

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Tue Nov 28 03:46:15 EST 2000

Hi Eric and Markus

Markus Neteler wrote:
> Running the latest version of configure tells me:
>  checking for /usr/include/tk.h... yes
>  checking for /usr/include/tcl.h... yes
>  checking for Tk_MainWindow in -ltk8.3... yes
>
> YEAH! Congrats, Eric!

Sorry, but it still doesn't work on my system. I still get the
following:

  checking for /usr/include/tk.h... no
  checking for /usr/include/tcl.h... no
  checking TK include dirs...
  configure: warning: *** Didn't find tk.h, maybe okay...
  checking TCL include dirs...
  configure: warning: *** Didn't find tcl.h, maybe okay...
  configure: warning: *** Unable to find TCL/TK libraries and headers

Both tcl.h and tk.h are installed in /usr/local/include though. Sorry to
burst the bubble :(

> Concerning
> UNIX_BIN            = ${exec_prefix}/bin
>
> what about predefining it with /usr/bin?  This path should be
> available everywhere (this is needed to get gmake5, grass5 and
> gmakelinks5 into a directory listed in PATH).

Would looking at a configure.in from another project be any use? It
seems that a lot of projects have /usr/local/bin as the default bindir.
What is the preset value? You may have already thought of this, it's
just an idea.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th