[GRASS5] configure.in Wants testers...

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Mon Nov 27 22:05:19 EST 2000

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 05:27:58PM +0000, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 05:31:42PM +0100, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > I am using current CVS version of configure.in rev 1.16.
> > My problem ist that there is no way to disable opengl.
>
> Generally I suggest to have as most as possible *active*, but
> disabling should be possible not to crash the configure.
>
> > There also should be an option to disable the SGI mesa widgets and
> > the corrersponding commands, because not everybody has the mesa build by
> > themself.
>
> Well, at least SuSe7.0-Mesa contains the SGI mesa widgets :-)
> I can't remember that I had to compile myself. Should a be
> *disable* option as well.

Well there's two only partially related things here.  First, I can add a
--disable-opengl flag.  However, the build process will have to know how
to handle this (with say a USE_OPENGL environment variable).  I think
only the top-level Makefile can do anything about this.  This will have
to prevent NVIZ2.2 and the showdpsf programs from compiling.

The Mesa widgets are only needed by the showdspf stuff I think, so
there'd have to be a variable for that as well.  However, the showdspf
stuff is not currently compiled by default, so this should be no big
issue.  It will simply fail to link if the user tries to compile it.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>