[GRASS5] Re: bug in configure routine

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Fri Nov 24 15:01:58 EST 2000

Hi,

just some comments on comments:

Markus Neteler wrote:

> Hi Justin,
>
> On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 01:46:27PM +0700, Justin Hickey wrote:
> [...]
> > Here are the modules that caused errors
> Please post the error messages...
>
> > Module source code not installed: html (ignored)

depends on perl in /usr/bin/perl.
Compiles on Cygwin after creating a link from /usr/local/bin/perl to
/usr/bin/perl.
IRIX: if perl is installed, create the link. I remember perl is perl4 on
older IRIX systems, perhaps will not work with newer scripts.

> > Module source code not installed: src/general/g.version (ignored)
> both compile on Linux.
> Comment: g.version: the "cat" approach was not very portable.

sorry for that, but i think that it is portable. Ever seen a Unix
without 'cat'? I have a fix that uses sed.

> > Module source code not installed: src/raster/r.in.gdal (ignored)
> compiles on Linux. (note: needs -ldl, which was set by configure)

needs external gdal library of Frank Warmerdam.
This should be asked with the configure script/get a commandline switch:
--with-gdal=/path ...

> > Module source code not installed: src/raster/r.in.png (ignored)
> > Module source code not installed: src/raster/r.out.png (ignored)
> Maybe still a problem of the #includes?
> compiles on Linux.

Still needs the netpbm-headers, which are _not_ included in the binary
distributions for Windows and IRIX. Had this problem too, copied over
the headers from my linux machine.
Markus, i'll send you a tarball of the header files. Please check if
there are licensing issues when putting this on the server.

> > Module source code not installed: src/raster/r.tiff (ignored)
> I have changed Gmakefile: -z -> $(ZLIB), reordered MATHLIB XDRLIB,
> removed double MATHLIB entry.
> compiles on Linux.

? what was the error? Perhaps unusual directory for libtiff?
IRIX has installed an older libtiff in the X11 directory, which will not
work. Needs libtiff from the freeware dist: /usr/freeware/lib32

> > Module source code not installed: src/sites/s.qcount (ignored)
> compiles on Linux.

??
> > Module source code not installed: src.contrib/UCB/gdbase (ignored)
> I have fixed the Gmakefile.
> compiles on Linux *now*

Is this part of the GRASS list?

yours,

Andreas

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net