[GRASS5] Re: bug in configure routine

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Fri Nov 24 15:07:03 EST 2000

On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 01:46:27PM +0700, Justin Hickey wrote:
> The libgis.a library compiles and links without error. I checked out the
> current CVS, ran configure, and then deleted the -lsun option for XDRLIB
> from the head file. Then I ran make install and src/libes/gis did not
> report any errors. I don't know why it didn't fail. Perhaps you are
> right about the necessary functions being in SGI's standard C library.
> Do you know what functions those are?

xdrmem_create(), xdr_float(), xdr_double(), xdr_proc() not sure what
else.  Mostly it seems restricted to floating point rasters.  CELL type
rasters are encoded and compressed differently.  I don't know that
anything else uses the xdr stuff.

> Here are the modules that caused errors
>
> Module source code not installed: html (ignored)
> Module source code not installed: src/general/g.version (ignored)
> Module source code not installed: src/raster/r.in.gdal (ignored)
> Module source code not installed: src/raster/r.in.png (ignored)
> Module source code not installed: src/raster/r.out.png (ignored)
> Module source code not installed: src/raster/r.tiff (ignored)
> Module source code not installed: src/sites/s.qcount (ignored)
> Module source code not installed: src.contrib/UCB/gdbase (ignored)
>
> None of the errors in these modules seem to be caused by the missing
> XDRLIB option. Let me know if you want me to try for a clean compile.

No, I don't think they are related either.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>