[GRASS5] MacOS X binaries dependencies

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Thu Nov 23 03:24:04 EST 2000

Hi Jeshua

Jeshua Lacock wrote:
> Thanks Justin!  It turns out that (for whatever reason)  grass was
> installed at /usr/local/grass5.

You're welcome.

> I made a symbolic link  /usr/local/grass-5.0b  ->  /usr/local/grass5
> and it works!!
> (Markus: can you please add this to the installation instructions?:
> cd /usr/local; ln -s grass-5.0b grass5;)

Actually, we need to find where the grass-5.0b is coming from. We made a
decision that it would be grassx where x is the current major version
number to simplify coding and decrease user confusion.

Markus, do you know where the grass-5.0b is coming from?

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
High Performance Computing Center