[GRASS5] Win32 compile with cygnus

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Sun Nov 19 13:15:39 EST 2000

Hi Andreas,

thanks for testing GRASS on Cygwin!

Here some comments:

On Sun, Nov 19, 2000 at 06:10:16PM +0100, Andreas Lange wrote:
> Compilation error in module: html (ignored)
> - perl missing

-> Hi Michel, hi all, is anybody willing to change g.html2man from
   PERL to shell script? It's the only PERL dependency, as far as I know.

> Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.agnps50 (ignored)
> - missing $(XDRLIB) in r.cn/Gmakefile
Fixed.

> - sys/config.h permission denied ???
?? Looking at the #include statements, it looking normal.

> Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.in.gdal (ignored)
> - gbgetsymbol.c:111: redefinition of GBGetSymbol
Hi Frank W. :-)

> Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.in.png (ignored)
> - pnm.h not found in pgnfunc.h
> - libpng only knows png.h and pngconf.h ?
It seems to require the "netpbm" lib.
I have it here:
 /usr/X11R6/include/pnm.h
It would be good to remove the netpbm dependency (TODO).

> Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.out.png (ignored)
> - pnm.h, ppm.h missing
see r.in.png comment

> Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.random (ignored)
> FLT_MAX, FLT_MIN, DBL_MIN undeclared
I have added
#include <float.h>
into count.c. Please try again.

> Compilation error in module: src/sites/s.windavg (ignored)
> - missing xdr lib in Gmakefile
fixed.

> Compilation error in module: src.contrib/CERL/raster/r.linear.regression (ignored)
> - solve.c:14: multiple definition of solve
I have renamed solve to solve2 in nlfit.c
Please try again.

> Compilation error in module: src.contrib/CERL/raster/r.rational.regression (ignored)
> - nlfit.c: ... multiple definition of solve
I have renamed solve to solve2 in nlfit.c
Please try again.

Hope this help a bit

 Markus