[GRASS5] Bug tracking system ?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Nov 14 09:37:30 EST 2000

-------------- next part --------------

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 06:07:33PM +0000, Markus Neteler wrote:
> - bug report form:
>   http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/bugtracking/bugreport.html
>  -> this form is generating a mail
> - grass-bugs archive:

> That's the "trivial" approach.

This still improves the current way bugs are reported.

> bugzilla offers beside bug reports a form for suggestions as well.
>
> It seems most of the experienced (professional) programmers tend
> to start a grass-bugzilla.

> Conclusion: From my side we should try the bugzilla-experiment.

> If the others agree, perhaps Bernhard and Frank W. may discuss who would
> set up grass-bugzilla.

We will set a bugtracking system up at intevation, because this is close
to the cvs server. For the last hour I was looking at several bug
tracking systems. My criteria are:
	- usable WWW interface
	- can be controled by email
	- (free software)
	- maintainable source code (I perfer python :) )

At least jitterbug, bugzilla, gnats, debian bug tracking system
need to be considered. I will probably do this within a week.
Is this fast enough?

	Bernhard
The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)