[GRASS5] Jan's copyright notice ++

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Mon Nov 13 23:13:53 EST 2000

Hello Frank.

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Given that we have significant divisions on the issue, I suggest we
> drop the $Log$ part, and finalize the rest of the header prototype.

OK. So the final header will be something like the following (I made up
all the details for a file supposedly called colors.c):

/*********************************************************************
* $Id$
*
* MODULE:      d.rast (or new higher level module name (eg GRASS core)
*              for 5.1)
* AUTHOR(S):   Original author unknown - probably CERL
*              John Doe - jdoe at some.where.org
* PURPOSE:     To provide storage and manipulation of colors used for
*              rendering the raster. The colors are stored in a
*              doubly linked list which must be initialized with
*              InitColors() before it can be used. Note that most
*              linked list functionality (add, remove, get) is
*              supported, but their is no sorting functionality.
* COPYRIGHT:   (C) 2000 by the GRASS Development Team
*
*              This program is free software under the GPL (>=v2)
*              Read the file COPYING that comes with GRASS for details.
*
*********************************************************************/

Does anyone have objections to the above layout?

> Do you want to update the SUBMITTING file?  Actually, I am surprised
> this isn't in the STYLE_PROGRAMMING file.

Yeah, you're right, STYLE_PROGRAMMING would be a better place for this.
Does anyone object to moving this to STYLE_SUBMITTING?

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
High Performance Computing Center