[GRASS5] flex/lex, compatibility

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Fri Nov 3 13:25:55 EST 2000

Hi Michel,

the change will be implemented with the configure system.
But now the problem is that one module uses an option only recognized by
flex. On Linux this causes no problems as flex is always installed (and
called either as flex or with a shell wrapper that calls flex -l). But
the old lex implementations choke on this option.
As David pointed out there may be other incompatibilities, which can be
avoided by making flex a prerequisite.
On systems without flex only some modules compile and i can see no sense
in "downgrading" the other modules to be compatible with lex.

cu,

Andreas

Michel Wurtz wrote:
> Can't this be done in ./configure ? detecting if there is a flex
> command, or a lex command.  On my linux box, lex is just a shell
> script that call flex with the option "lex-compat".  I think one
> can do that at the Makefile level...
>
> --

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net