[GRASS5] Bug tracking system ?

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Sat Nov 4 04:25:03 EST 2000

Hi developers,

as the GRASS project is growing, I am considering if we
need a bug tracking system which is able to grab
suggestions as well.

An interesting system, based on bugzilla, I have seen here:
http://www.openoffice.org/project_issues.html
"Issuezilla"

>From the page:
"Issuezilla is based on Bugzilla, but has been generalized to handle all
kinds of issues, not just code-based issues. On OpenOffice.org, the
supported issue-types now include:
DEFECT, ENHANCEMENT, FEATURE, TASK and PATCH."

In fact I still prefer to have bugs fixed than to manage them (see my next
mail), but we need something more transparent for the GRASS users to
encourage them to report bugs and send suggestions.

Maybe we can set up such a bug-tracking system and see, if it meets
our needs.

Regards

 Markus

--
Dipl.-Geogr. Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology