[GRASS5] attribute lines

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Oct 19 11:34:31 EDT 2000

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Eric G . Miller wrote:

> On a related note:  Since I know you're pretty familiar with vector
> processing in GRASS, I've a little question.  There's this idea that a
> site_list can have a floating point category value.  While it doesn't
> make any sense to me, I've been trying to accomodate it.

Eric,

  Here's a situation where it's needed. I go out on the river and take water
samples at different depths. For each depth sample, I measure pH,
temperature, turbidity and settleable solids. I also have geographic
references for that site from the GPS receiver.

  Now I can interpolate those values to analyze their spatial distribution.
I need floating point values for the attributes associated with each cell.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
              Making environmentally-responsible mining happen. (SM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com