[GRASS5] r.mapcalc

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Thu Oct 19 11:10:44 EDT 2000

Hi,

i had a closer look at the r.mapcalc code in GRASS5.
I could not reproduce the bug reported by Anantha Prasad.

As far as i can see, CELL is defined as an int, which should be
-2147483647 to +2147483647 on 32bit machines. I could calculate with
raster maps with values in this range, if i do a "echo
"new=1000000000000"|r.mapcalc" the values in the new map get truncated
to the above range.

If someone is able to reproduce the problem, please tell me.

The inheritant problem with "int" is that it could be a different range
depending on the processor/machine compiled on (eg. 64 bit SGI MIPS vs.
32bit Intel x86). But it is guaranteed that an int is at least 16bit
wide. I don't know the code that stores and reads the raster maps, so i
can not say if there's waiting more trouble.

Are there any known problems with the parser? The 17 reduce/reduce
conflicts sound bad, but if the module works, i don't want to waste time
on it.

cu,

Andreas

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net