d.site.labels vs. d.sites.label [was Re: [GRASS5] contribution to GRASS programming]

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Mon Oct 2 20:50:23 EDT 2000

On Mon, Oct 02, 2000 at 09:52:35AM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 01, 2000 at 10:30:55AM -0700, Eric G . Miller wrote:
> > FYI, I'm looking at updating d.site.labels next.
> Hi Eric,
>
> what do you think: we should try to reduce the number
> of similar modules. I propose missing feature in
> d.sites.label should be added by merging d.sites.label
> and d.site.labels (even their names are confusing).
>
> Maybe that's better than maintaining two similar
> modules.

Can't agree more.  Think d.site.labels already covers everything
d.sites.label does, plus it allows for interactive placement and a text
box with border and outline.  The only thing that's bugging me is the
placement options seems to be backwords or something (at least, it
always places things opposite to what I thought I specified ;).

Anyway, I'll do some code clean-up and d.site.labels, and we'll call
that the one.

--
/bin/sh ~/.signature:
Command not found