[GRASS5] Automated man/ & cat/ generation from /html

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Fri Sep 22 11:27:05 EDT 2000

Hi all,

find a simple script:
html/html/convert_to_man.sh

to convert all HTML-man pages into MAN format.
This shall become the Gmakefile for automated
generation of MAN/CAT files. If properly implemented
we can remove the man/* and cat/* trees from CVS.
By that only the HTML pages have to be updated,
all other files will be generated in the fly.

I have adjusted a set of HTML pages (TITLE tag) to
be converted properly by html/html/convert_to_man.sh
(based on g.html2man).

Feel free to improve the script(s).

The convert_to_man.sh currently writes to ./man and
does not overwrite the original man/ files for comparison
purpose.

If conversion is o.k. (please verify), we should proceed.

Greetings

 Markus