[GRASS5] Formatting and wording of copyright and license

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Sep 13 04:00:58 EDT 2000

Minor glitches with the top copyright and license files.
I will correct them, if nobody has objections.

* Text files should be formatted in 80 columns for reading pleasure.

	GPL.TXT is not, so I will put in the plan text version with fsf
	original 80 columns formatting.

	AUTHORS needs some manual formatting.

* COPYRIGHT could be improved slightly:
	My plan is to replace the paragraph:

	"Individual copyrights upheld by original authors and not
	superceded by the GRASS GPL Copyright.  Users must abide by applicable
	copyrights for individual programs where noted."

	with:

	"Parts of GRASS are not copyright by the GRASS development team.
	The original authors hold the copyright and you have to abide
	to their licensing terms where noted."

	I could also add a clarification sentence:

	"(Keep in mind that code linking into GRASS can only be
	distributed if compatible with the GPL.)"

	For redundancy we should also add the Hannover
	Internet addess the file.

Bernhard