[GRASS5] 5.0.0pre1 on mac osx

Malcolm Blue mblue at nb.sympatico.ca
Thu Apr 26 16:55:38 EDT 2001

Andy,

andy agena wrote:

> Hi Malcom:
> [localhost:X11r6/include/x11] root# grep ErrorFunction *.h
> Xlibint.h:extern int (*_XIOErrorFunction)(
> Xlibint.h:extern int (*_XErrorFunction)(
> [localhost:X11r6/include/x11] root# grep Xdebug *.h
> Xlib.h:#define _Xdebug (*_Xdebug_p)
> Xlib.h:extern int _Xdebug;

Ok.  These are all defined as extern, so they should be found in one of the
library files.

> my nm wants:
>
> Usage: nm [-agnoprumxjl[s segname sectname] [-] [[-arch
> <arch_flag>] ...] [file ...]
>
> and I wasn't sure what i need to put in for "setname sectname" so I just
> used -a:

That's Ok.  -a should list them all.

> [localhost:/usr/x11r6/lib] root# nm -a libX11.a | grep ErrorFuntion
> nm: no name list
> nm: no name list
> nm: no name list
> [localhost:/usr/x11r6/lib] root# nm -a libXext.a | grep ErrorFunction
> 00000004 C __XExtensionErrorFunction
>           U __XExtensionErrorFunction

I'm not sure what's happening here.  These seem to be private to the library, but
are called from some other routine that is used for both the driver and the tk to
compile.  If I were to make a wild guess, I would say they might be used for the
debug versions and your library isn't a debug version of the library.  If that is
the case, you might be able to compile without the debug flag.

In the head file, remove '-g' from the COMPILE_FLAGS line, and try to rebuild the
driver.

This is the only thing I can think of to try, unless there are other versions of
the X libraries available for your system.

> tcltkgrass did start here

Good.  So your version of wish works.