[GRASS5] Driver Update

Malcolm Blue mblue at nb.sympatico.ca
Sun Apr 22 01:43:30 EDT 2001

Glynn,

First,  I can tell you that it is the XDRIVER program that is crashing.  Second, it
seems to be in the initial communication from the select command.

Also, I had created a whole new grass directory structure, so there is no conflict of
old and new programs or libs.

So far I've determined that the problem is in
    R_open_driver() in select.c,
        sync_driver() in io.c,
           read() call in sync_driver().

I had tested the reverse of your suggestion.  I tried the old XDRIVER executable with
the new build.  That had the same result as before, so I thought it was in io.c. That's
why I tracked the problem down to the first read() in the sync function.  So after
that, I started looking for mismatches between the routines.  I haven't found any.

After reading your response, I tried replacing io.c and rebuilding rasterlib &
mon.select. That had the same result as before.

The monitor (XDRIVER) is running until I do the select with any of these combinations.
Were there other changes that I can look at?  Did you change any of the sockets calls,
or just where thay are called from?

I'm also going to reinstall my lat bindist to make sure that this isn't something I've
caused separately from your fixes.

Malcolm

Hopefully we'll know soon.

Thanks,