[GRASS5] r.patch question...

mberglund mberglund at rcinfo.net
Wed Apr 18 10:02:07 EDT 2001

Ok we have a bug in i.composite. I will take a look at it this weekend,
but I won't guarantee anything.

Further, I am trying r.patch to mosaic some images.

Two 500M files are being put together. Has anyone ever done anything like
this before and, if so, could you give me some idea of how long it will
take to get off 0%?

Secondly, lets say I have a mapset of X,Y dimensions, and I want to
composite another mapset of A,B dimentions which are just outside the
first mapsets dimentions (but in the same location with the region
settings set to view both) is r.patch smart enough to "expand" the output
to recognize both regions in the final outcome? Or could that be the
reason I am hung on 0% complete?

Any ideas would be helpfull.

Thanks,
Matt