[GRASS5] Volunteer wanted for CELL driver color problem

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed Apr 18 10:07:25 EDT 2001

Bob, Eric,

On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 10:23:18AM -0300, Bob Covill wrote:
> Markus,
>
> It has been a long time since I have used the CELL driver, but I decided
> to take a look at it for investigating the color problem.
>
> Unfortunately I got off to a bad start. When I execute d.mon start=CELL
> I get the following error maessage:
>
> Usage:  CELL [-] "input_fifo output_fifo"
> No socket to connect to for monitor <CELL>.
> Problem selecting CELL. Will try once more
> No socket to connect to for monitor <CELL>.
> ----------
>
> The CELL driver has been built and installed.
>
> Any idea why it will not start, socket / fifo problem ??

This is strange:

GRASS:~ > d.mon CELL
Graphics driver [CELL] started
Wait for 'READY'
READY
GRASS:~ > d.mon stop=CELL
Monitor 'CELL' terminated

GRASS:~ > d.mon start=CELL
Can't bind to socket for monitor <CELL>. Already in use?
Socket is already in use or not accepting connections.
Use d.mon to select a monitor
Problem selecting CELL. Will try once more
Socket is already in use or not accepting connections.
Use d.mon to select a monitor

Obviously the start= parameter confuses d.mon. Without it works.
Maybe again the timing story?

 Markus