[GRASS5] error on make r3.showdspf

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Sat Apr 7 03:28:27 EDT 2001

Panoot Suwanwiwattana wrote:

> I try to compile grass5.b12 on my redhat 6.2. I had already installed Mesa
> 3.4.1, LessTif 0.92.26 ,zlib, jpeg-6b and tif 3.5.6.
> After i configure grass, it show me almost 'yes' but
> GLwCreateMDrawingArea in -IGLwM  .. no

Do you have this library? IIRC, Mesa doesn't build it by default; you
have to build it separately.

Also, whilst recent versions of XFree86 provide the correct
functionality, the Motif versions are included in libGLw, rather than
being in a separate library. Furthermore, the "configure" test won't
find the necessary function (GLwCreateMDrawingArea) because it is a
macro.

> and sql.h .. no

Do you have UnixODBC installed? iODBC won't work.

> And then i compiled grass, there is no error message now, but when i compile
> G3d by using gmake5 /src.contrib/GMSL/g3d, it has error on
> r3.showdspf.opengl (detail on attached file)

You have two conflicting sets of OpenGL headers installed, in
/usr/local/include/GL and /usr/X11R6/include/GL.

This is coupled with a bug in r3.showdspf.openGL, in that it includes
OpenGL headers without using the "GL/" prefix, and a complementary bug
in the build process, which is using /usr/local/include/GL as the
include path.

> So how can i solve it?

Either temporarily remove one of the sets of OpenGL headers, or don't
try to build GMSL.

> and if sql.h is not exits, do i have problem with postgresql?

No; PostgreSQL doesn't provide an sql.h file.