[GRASS5] Re: [GRASS-CVS] CVS update: grass

Fri Aug 3 05:29:11 EDT 2001

> Markus Neteler wrote:
>
> > thanks for (partly) fixing the configure[.in].
> >
> > The current status is:
> >
> > checking for location of Tcl/Tk includes...
> > checking for tcl.h... yes
> > checking for tk.h... yes
> > checking for location of Tcl/Tk libraries...
> > checking for Tcl_Init in -ltcl... yes
> > checking for Tk_MainWindow in -ltk... no
> > checking for Tk_MainWindow in -ltk8.3... no
> > checking for Tk_MainWindow in -ltk... no
> > checking for Tk_MainWindow in -ltk8.3... no
> > checking for Tk_MainWindow in -ltk... no
> > checking for Tk_MainWindow in -ltk8.3... no
> > configure: warning: *** Unable to locate Tk library.c
>
> I need to see config.log in order to figure out what else is required
> for the link to succeed.
>
> > the head file looks like this (Linux, RH7.1):
> > #tcl/tk stuff
> > TCLINCDIR           =
> > TKINCDIR            =
> > TCLTKLIBPATH        =
> > TCLTKLIBS           = -ltcl
> >
> > Thanks for clarification, Glynn, concerning the empty fields.
> >
> > So the only bug remaining is that "-ltk" is not added in the head
> > file. And above warning is a bit strange...
>
> I don't know where the trailing "c" comes from.

Hi,

I think that I've found something wrong.
Assuming the following case:

./configure --with-includes=/usr/local/include --with-libs=/usr/local/lib

and some libraries and header files are in /usr/local/lib and
/usr/local/include respectively; in example, odbc library.

The newly created head file has an empty ODBCINC though ./configure said
"yes" for sql.h.

In configure.in:

	ODBCINC=
	if test -n "$odbc_includes"; then
	    if test -d "$odbc_includes"; then
	        ODBCINC="-I$odbc_includes"
	    else
	        AC_MSG_WARN([*** ODBC includes directory $odbc_includes does not
	exist.]
	)
	    fi
	fi

At this point, ODBCINC is empty because --with-odbc-includes was not given.

	AC_SUBST(ODBCINC)

	ac_save_cppflags="$CPPFLAGS"

However, ./configure has found "sql.h" in /usr/local/include because this
directory was given as "--with-includes".

	CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS $ODBCINC"
	AC_CHECK_HEADERS(sql.h)
	CPPFLAGS=${ac_save_cppfl

As a result, odbc driver compilation failed.
This case may occur in all other substitutions.

Just my thought.

Yours,
Huidae Cho