[GRASS5] r.out.tiff

Kevin Slover kjslover at nhc.noaa.gov
Fri Aug 17 13:23:08 EDT 2001

I have posted a message to the user group for help with the r.out.tiff
command, actually compatiability issues I am having between RH 7.1 and
Win 98...and got a few responses, but none have worked
I am outputting an image to tiff, ftp'ing it to my windows machine, and
attempting to open it with either a photo editor or even MapInfo, and am
not able to get an image.  Exporting a ppm, I am able to open it in
Windows, but the image is not an image, but a bunch of lines...
I have tried all options within the commande (output as tile (or not),
output tfw (or not) output 8 and 24bit, and still no resolution..are
there any hints out there??