[GRASS5] r.in.gdal tiff and adf

Helena hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Fri Dec 21 23:01:46 EST 2001

Frank

thanks a lot for your test - I figured out the problem with the adf file - I was giving it
the name of
the actual raster file, however, it wanted the name of the directory where all the related
files were stored.
It may be good to modify the man page as follows
input=name
Name of an existing GDAL supported raster file or coverage directory (for adf) to be
imported

to make it clear that the name of directory rather than a file may be needed.
I am guessing that I may have something similar with the tiff file because I imported
non-georeferenced
tif without problems, but I am probably not using it correctly ith my c0792_004.TIF file.
I will try to figure it out. I have the last weeks version of GRASS with the latest GDLA
from the GDAL web site.

thanks for your help,

Helena