[GRASS5] beta-11.2

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Feb 19 14:10:33 EST 2001

  The installation failed to create the fifos. In /usr/local/grass5 was a
script called `dev'. I renamed it `dev.sh' then created a dev/ directory.
Thanks to Malcolm's pointer, I found create_fifos.sh in
/opt/grass5/grass5beta-11.2/src/shells. Copied the script to
/usr/local/grass5/dev, made it executable and ran it.

  Now I can open a monitor.

  Suggest that the installation check that the /usr/local/grass5/dev
directory is created and the create_fifos.sh script is installed, made
executable, and run.

  FYI.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
              Making environmentally-responsible mining happen. (SM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com