[GRASS5] G_sock_*, XDRIVER, and other fun...

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Tue Feb 13 21:36:45 EST 2001

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 04:22:55PM +0000, Markus Neteler wrote:
> Hi again (sorry),
>
> just found a problem: You can start x0 (and other monitors)
> several times. If this is known, excuse me. Of course I can
> click them off.

Nope, never thought to try that.  It's a, umm, feature ;).

> Maybe the tcltkgrass problem with XDRIVER/sockets is somehow related
> to above problem?

Possibly/Probably.  Will require some research to find a nice solution.
Seems bind() in the local namespace does not work like binding to a port
in the internet namespace.   I've got an idea or two how to deal with
this, but I want to hunt around a bit for a good solution...

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>