[GRASS5] G_sock_*, XDRIVER, and other fun...

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Mon Feb 12 16:42:37 EST 2001

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 11:48:41AM +0000, Markus Neteler wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> here my report on XDRIVER/sockets:
>
> o it works o.k.! And, hey, you can simply click-off the monitor...
>   This is definitly a useful improvement.
> o the monitor comes up much faster
> o the refresh problem with hidden monitor is still there (KDE2,
>   you will know it).

Try recompiling the XDRIVER with the little change I just made.  I
turned of backingstore in X and it seems to repaint the screen correctly
now.  Before, it was checking if the server responded to
DoesBackingStore() with 'Always'.  However, it could also respond with a
'WhenMapped' which also means it does backingstore, but only if the
window is mapped.  I changed it to check against 'NotUseful', which
means backingstore is off in the server by default.  Hope it works...

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>