[GRASS5] how to NULL in site lists?

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Tue Jan 23 16:59:47 EST 2001

Hi all,

as working with sites at time, I face the problem that I
don't knwo how to code null values in a site_list.
(Eric, we already talk once about this weeks ago).

As we cannot simply invent a special character for
this (maybe to complex to change the entire sites lib),
what about using for GRASS 5.0 the value -0.0?

Just an idea. Or is there another way?
Using -9999 like ESRI does is of course unwanted and
currently leads to nonsense results (as it is treated
as true value).

As -0.0 is currently also treated as true value, I
would like to know if it could become a workaround unless
it is improved in 5.1?

Markus