[GRASS5] More on g.region errors

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jul 30 18:18:40 EDT 2001

  I keep getting the same type of error ("default region is P @P @", or
something similar) whenever I try to expand the current region using a
vector file. I don't know in what directory GRASS is looking for the default
region.

  Here's the output from g.region -p:

GRASS:/mnt/usr4/projects/nevada/coeur > g.region -p
projection: 1 (UTM)
zone:       11
datum:      ** unknown (default: WGS84) **
ellipsoid:  ** unknown (default: WGS84) **
north:      4469934
south:      4455924
west:       393671.28124
east:       404501.28124
nsres:      30
ewres:      30
rows:       467
cols:       361

  In PROJ_UNITS, the datum is defined as NAD83 and the ellipsoid as clark66.
Apparently this is not being brought in with the data by m.in.e00. Where do
I go to enter it manually? Is this the cause of the problem with expanding
the bounds?

Thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
                 Making environmentally-responsible mining happen.