[GRASS5] nviz crashing in pre1

Bob Covill bcovill at tekmap.ns.ca
Tue Jun 12 13:17:12 EDT 2001

Markus Neteler wrote:

> Thanks for your quick response, Bob.

> Aha "funny":
> - it crashes if the map region contains only NULL data values (should
>   gracefully exit here). Above happened when I was (accidentally) working
>   in a NULL data area in "nations" map.
>
> Maybe that's another bug. Helena, are you sure that your map contains data
> when crashing with NVIZ?
>
> Markus

Markus,

It sounds like the crash (that you are seeing) may be the result of one
of the calculations performed on the dataset.  When data is loaded
things like vertical exxageration, etc are caculated from the data.

As you noted above, it obviously does not like like having any data
(NULL) to load. This problem could probably be tracked down and caught
before it crashes.

--
Bob Covill

Tekmap Consulting