[GRASS5] GRASS 5.0.0 branch question

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed Mar 28 03:49:56 EST 2001

Hi CVS gurus,

it seems I need an advice:

I have created the release branch recently (at least I think so):

 1. tagging the sources
 2. checking out this tagged version into new directory
 3. applying
        cvs tag -b "releasebranch_5_0_0"
    here

Like that the branch should have been created (as far as I understand the
CVS book).

To upgrade my second copy to this branch, I used
   cvs update -r releasebranch_5_0_0

So far, so good (?).

Now I want to apply a change from exp/main tree to this release tree, but
I get

 cvs ci -m"updated" REQUIREMENTS  # I simply copied this file from exp tree

 cvs server: sticky tag 'releasebranch_5_0_0' for file 'REQUIREMENTS' is not a
branch
cvs [server aborted]: correct above errors first!

What's that?

Thanks for any help,

 Markus

PS: I try to interpret now: