[GRASS5] Recommended tweak for 5.1

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Mar 27 10:21:39 EST 2001

  I'd like to recommend a very minor change in the default behavior of data
format conversion modules (e.g., m.in.e00, v.in.mif, v.in.shape). Rather
than the current assumption that the data are stored in someone's desk
drawer or the back floor of their automobile (necessitating a full-qualified
path name for the input file), I'd like to see the pwd as the default
directory.

  If folks don't have the input file in the pwd, then a FQPN is justified.
But, most of the time, I think we're working from the mapset and that would
save a lot of typing.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)