[GRASS5] v.digit problems on Solaris

Bob Covill bcovill at tekmap.ns.ca
Wed Mar 7 16:19:15 EST 2001

Markus,

I decided to take a different approach to the v.digit problem I was
having on Solaris (7). I grabbed a copy of libncurses (5.0) and built
and installed it. I then editted the Solaris head file and changed  the
CURSES line to -lncurses and I took out the TERMLIB line (-ltermlib). I
had to rebuild the vask library because it complained about undefined
symbols. v.digit then built cleanly and seems to work fine.  v.digit
obviously did not like the version of libcurses installed on the Sun.

My recommendations to anyone installing GRASS on Solaris 7 would be to
grab a copy of libncurses and a copy of gnu-tar (for the install).

I hope this helps.
--
Bob Covill

Tekmap Consulting